Belgian Beer Explorer with AngularJS and Ionic

In my previous post, I shared a Belgian Beer Explorer application built with React, Bootstrap, Node.js and Postgres.

In this post, I’m sharing the same application built with AngularJS and Ionic.

Application Highlights

• Like the original version, the mobile version lets users search and explore over 1700 Belgian beers by name, style, brewery, alcohol content, etc.
  • The mobile version uses the same Node.js back-end to access data through REST services.
  • Instead of the Previous/Next pagination of the original version, the mobile version uses Ionic’s cool infinite scrolling feature.

Running the Application

This version of the application is meant to be installed on your mobile device. However, because it’s built as a hybrid app, you can also run it in your browser.

Click here to run the application in your browser.

The Source Code is available in this GitHub repository.

10 Responses to Belgian Beer Explorer with AngularJS and Ionic

1. Horst January 14, 2015 at 8:28 am #

Nice app. But scrolling doesen’t work on my Samsung S3 with the default browser. With Chrome it works.

2. Tolu January 16, 2015 at 12:06 pm #

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for sharing as always, I have followed all the different iterations of the ’employee directory and wine cellar’ apps, thank you for sharing knowledge with the world.

I liked the fact that you implemented infinite scrolling on this one – you made it look very easy and straight forward to implement.

Here’s my question – how would you go about adding ‘pull to refresh’ to the features of this app? Would you set the page variable to 1 on each pull and reset/overwrite $scope.products? Please kindly share your views on this as I am currently working on an ionic app that has both infinite scrolling and pull to refresh as features.

Thank you.

3. forma imalatı November 17, 2015 at 8:37 am #

kalite,fiyat uygunlugu ve imalattan..http://jonsunsport.com/yeni-urunler.html

4. hellnida November 19, 2015 at 6:46 am #

very great application

5. CIIT Noida April 21, 2018 at 2:44 am #

Hi there I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed looking at your website and to wish you the best of luck.

Hadoop Training Institute in Noida

6. CIIT Noida April 25, 2018 at 2:46 am #

Gajab

Best B.Tech College in Noida

7. yuvaraj singh November 24, 2020 at 1:05 am #

Informative content , Great work
    To crack Agile coach interview : Agile coach Interview Questions

8. surbhi jain March 24, 2021 at 12:46 am #

I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to thank you for your time for this, particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.
    AngularJS training in Pune