A couple of weeks ago, I shared an Employee Directory sample application built with React in seven steps. Employee directory is a mobile app that allows you to look up employees by name, view the details of an employee, and call, text, or email an employee.
In this post, I share a new version of the application with two new features:
- Animated page transitions based on pageslider-react discussed in my previous post
- Data access using REST services exposed by a Node.js / Express server (included in the sample app)
Running the Application
You can test the application in your browser:
- Using this version hosted on Heroku
- By running the included Node.js server locally
- By deploying your own instance on Heroku
You can also run the application as a hybrid app in Cordova.
Check out the Github Repository for detailed instructions.
The source code (client and server) is available in this this repository.
I’ve used the employee directory use case to explore different frameworks. An AngularJS / Ionic version of the same app is available here.