In recent months, I have been sharing different versions of the Employee Directory sample application built with different technology stacks, different frameworks, and different back-end (REST services) implementations. Recent versions include:
- Employee Directory with Backbone.js, RequireJS, and Twitter Bootstrap
- Employee Directory with Backbone.js, RequireJS, Topcoat and PhoneGap
A number of you have asked for a version of the application built with AngularJS. So here it is.
You can experience the application below:
Click here to run the app in a full browser window.
This version also uses the new Topcoat CSS library for the application’s mobile skins.
The source code for this sample application is available on GitHub: http://github.com/ccoenraets/angular-directory
The application comes with two different implementations of the data services:
- The in-memory data services (default) are implemented in memory-services.js and provide an-out-of-the-box experience with no server dependency.
- The REST data services are implemented in rest-services.js and provide a more real-life implementation.
To run the application with the REST services:
- Make sure Node.js and MongoDB are installed on your system
- Go to the angular-directory/server folder and run:
- In app.js, change:
angular.module('myApp', [ 'ngRoute', 'myApp.controllers', 'myApp.memoryServices' ]).
angular.module('myApp', [ 'ngRoute', 'myApp.controllers', 'myApp.restServices' ]).
- To avoid cross-domain issues, access the application from the following URL: