New PhoneGap API Explorer available on the App Store

I created a new version of PhoneGap API Explorer that is now available on the App Store. PhoneGap API Explorer is an API reference application for PhoneGap device integration capabilities. The application clearly presents the syntax for each function, and allows you to provide values for the function’s arguments, invoke the function from within the application, and see immediate results. PhoneGap API Explorer provides a unique and interactive learning experience.

PhoneGap API Explorer itself is of course a PhoneGap application built with Backbone.js and a mix of Twitter Bootstrap and custom skins. Watch a short video here (go full screen for a better viewing experience):

Navigation

This new version introduces a new navigation system described in the following illustration:

Navigation

In-App Experience

Also new in this version is the ability to provide argument values directly inside the function’s syntax reference, and invoke the function “in context” to see immediate results as shown in the following screenshots:

Camera

Location

Database

24 Responses to New PhoneGap API Explorer available on the App Store

1. Matthew Fabb August 13, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

Awesome! Will an Android version be coming soon?

2. hakkı August 14, 2012 at 7:08 am #

if we can simulate this situation on pc or mac it will be greater :)

3. Olivier LEGRAS August 14, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Nice job, it’s very useful !

4. Régis August 14, 2012 at 10:17 am #

How did you do to use native elements UI if your application is full Phonegap ?
    Is it possible to have the source code of this app ?

Best regards

5. Oscar August 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Thanks for this great tool. But would you please create a version for PC/Windows (or browser), so we can have it open while we do work on our desktop PCs?

Best,
    Oscar

6. Christophe August 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

The Android version and the source code are coming soon. Also, if you like the app, I’d really appreciate your support with a review on the app store :)
    Thanks!
    Christophe

7. mauricio lopez August 14, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

yea, an android version would be great. Is not that one of the benefits of Phonegap? faster versions for other platforms? =)

• jack December 15, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

hello maurico i’m new phonegap android application developper nd now i’m developping an application Kidspainter win phonegap so can you help me . give me some exemples of paint app with phonegap

8. DHgate August 23, 2012 at 7:16 am #

Hope for the Android version !

9. alex September 1, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

Yeah! I would love to see the Android version with source codee too! :D
    regards and many thanks

10. Kola September 3, 2012 at 2:29 am #

Thanks for sharing this. During my evaluation of how to build our mobile app, the phonegap explorer was what convinced me to use Phonegap.

I am starting to feel that twitter bootstrap + phonegap might be a better combination than the usual suspects like jquery mobile. While not a mobile framework, I think it is pretty customizable and has a simpler learning curve that something like Jquery mobile.

11. mfkrh-ar.com September 9, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

I am bullish on more applications like this that simply

12. Adolfus Adams September 17, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Will there be a Blackberry version?

13. elrems November 16, 2012 at 8:54 am #

hello,

do you use the buid plateform phonegap to compile your application?

14. store app November 22, 2012 at 9:38 am #

You understand thus considerably in relation to this topic, made me individually imagine it from so many various angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated except it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. All the time care for it up!

15. jack December 15, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

hello every body i’m developping an acadimic project named kidpainter with phonegap technology so can anyone help me and send me a exemple of application paint with phonegap

16. sohbet odalari December 20, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

veryy goodd

17. Steve Tubby May 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

Great concept but I am struggling when I try to run this app (after apparently successful download from App Store) by selecting the application’s icon on my iPad.

The icon simply flashes the PhoneGap logo briefly and then disappears

I am trying to connect by wifi and via by iPhone with personal hotspot. Suspect that I may require an iPad model with a cellular adaptor :-(

Please advise….

StevePT

18. Basit Yemekler July 25, 2013 at 9:47 am #

Hope for the Android version…

19. patchwork kilim March 24, 2014 at 5:09 am #

1. 10 Tech Stories To Read This Week – August 14 Edition » iRomin - August 14, 2012

[...] Phonegap API Explorer: You can now explore the Phonegap API on your iPad. Check out this meta application. I am bullish on more applications like this that simply give you access to API directories and information/usage on them. [...]

2. PhoneGap API Explorer for Android now on Google Play - September 12, 2012

[...] can read more about the application and watch a video in my initial post about the iOS [...]

3. Tap App Awards スマートフォンUI セミナー | セミナー | eizis-web - November 17, 2012

[...] PhoneGap API Explorer プラグインを有効利用する [...]

4. 2012 December Adobe Create the Web Tour – Montreal Edition | Davey's Webtech Blog - December 11, 2012

[...] Christophe presented Edge Reflow, Edge Code (code named: Brackets), Edge Inspect and PhoneGap Build through his sample employee directory app. (I’ve seen the Flex version, and has also done one version with Java.) Also check out the capabilities of PhoneGap via his API Explorer app. [...]