Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes

Step 1: Create an AWS Account

First things first: you need to create your AWS account. You can sign up here. You’ll have to provide a credit card and a phone number where you will be called as part of the online registration process for verification purposes. Amazon offers a Free Usage Tier, which is great to explore the services and even host real apps without being charged. Check the details here.

Step 2: Create an Instance

What type of EC2 instance should you use? I started my experiments with a Micro instance because its price structure is very attractive. However, after a few minutes to a couple of hours, my blog systematically became unresponsive and I had to restart Apache and/or MySQL. I did some research, and found out that other people were reporting similar problems. It may depend on your blog traffic. My blog typically gets a few thousand page views a day. It also hosts live sample applications running with a PHP or a Java back-end running on Tomcat. It looks like that combination was too much for a Micro instance. I tried a Small instance and the problems went away. Greg Wilson has a great post on the limitations of the Micro instance.

To create a new instance, access the AWS Management Console and click the EC2 tab:

• Choose an AMI in the classic instance wizard: I chose the Basic 32-bit Amazon Linux AMI.
  • Instance details: Select the Instance Type you want to use. I chose Small (m1.small).
  • Create a new key pair. Enter a name for your key pair (i.e. christophe) and download your key pair (i.e. christophe.pem).
  • Select the quick start security group.
  • Launch your instance.

Step 3: SSH into your Instance

Once your instance is running, you can ssh into it. First, you need to identify the address of your instance: Select the instance in the AWS Management Console, and look for the Public DNS in the instance description (bottom part of the screen).

Use that address (and a path to your .pem file) to ssh into your instance:
ssh ec2-user@ec2-50-17-14-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com -i ~/christophe.pem

If you get a message about your .pem file permissions being too open, chmod your .pem file as follows:
chmod 600 ~/christophe.pem

Many of the shell commands below require root access. To avoid having to prefix these commands with sudo, let’s just switch user once and for all:
sudo su

Step 4: Install the Apache Web Server

To install the Apache Web Server, type:
yum install httpd

Start the Apache Web Server:
service httpd start

To test your Web Server, open a browser and access your web site: http://ec2-50-17-14-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com (Use your actual public DNS name). You should see a standard Amazon place holder page.

Step 5: Install PHP

To install PHP, type:
yum install php php-mysql

Restart the Apache Web Server:
service httpd restart

Create a page to test your PHP installation:
cd /var/www/html
vi test.php

1. Type i to start the insert mode
  2. Type <?php phpinfo() ?>
  3. Type :wq to write the file and quit vi

Open a browser and access test.php to test your PHP installation: http://ec2-50-17-14-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test.php (Use your actual public DNS name).

Step 6: Install MySQL

To install MySQL, type:
yum install mysql-server

Start MySQL:
service mysqld start

Create your “blog” database:
mysqladmin -uroot create blog

Secure your database:
mysql_secure_Installation

Answer the wizard questions as follows:

1. Enter current password for root: Press return for none
  2. Change Root Password: Y
  3. New Password: Enter your new password
  4. Remove anonymous user: Y
  5. Disallow root login remotely: Y
  6. Remove test database and access to it: Y
  7. Reload privilege tables now: Y

Step 7: Install WordPress

To install WordPress, type:
cd /var/www/html
wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
tar -xzvf latest.tar.gzcd

This will uncompress WordPress in its own “wordpress” directory. I like having WordPress in a separate directory, but would rather rename it to “blog”:
mv wordpress blog

Create the WordPress wp-config.php file:
cd blog
mv wp-config-sample.php wp-config.php
vi wp-config.php

1. Type i to start insert mode.
  2. Modify the database connection parameters as follows:
    define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘blog’);
    define(‘DB_USER’, ‘root’);
    define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘YOUR_PASSWORD’);
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);
  3. Type :wq to write the file and quit vi

Open a Browser and access your blog: http://ec2-50-17-14-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com/blog (Use your actual public DNS name). This should trigger the WordPress configuration process.

Step 8: Map IP Address and Domain Name

To use your blog in production, you will have to:

1. Associate an IP address to your instance
  2. Map your domain name to that IP address

To associate an IP address to your instance:

1. In the AWS Management Console, click Elastic IPs (left navigation bar)
  2. Click Allocate New Address, and confirm by clicking the “Yes, Allocate” button
  3. Right-click the newly allocated IP address and select “Associate” in the popup menu. Select the instance you just created and click “Yes, Associate”

To map your domain name to your IP address, you will have to use the tools provided by your domain registrar. If you use GoDaddy, specify NS73.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS74.DOMAINCONTROL.COM as the name servers for your domain, and use the DNS Manager to modify the A record and point to your IP address. Documentation is available here.

Once everything is configured and mapped correctly, access the General Settings in the WordPress management console and make sure the WordPress Address and Site Address are specified correctly using your domain name as in the screenshot below.

204 Responses to Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes

1. JCLang January 6, 2012 at 10:03 am #

Thx again Christophe.
    I love your tutorials, it’s a great source of inspiration.

2. Cornel Creanga January 6, 2012 at 10:18 am #

Amazon CloudFormation already has an word press template (https://s3.amazonaws.com/cloudformation-templates-us-east-1/WordPress_Single_Instance.template), so if you don’t need some special configuration it is a viable option (and way faster to setup).

3. Alistair January 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Hi

Thanks for the article, wish I had found it 20 mins earlier. This is my first attempt at such a feat! I have installed wordpress on EC2 and want to make it available on blog.mydomain.com.

I’ve made a mistake somewhere (I think by updating the WP general settings before completing all of your steps) and lost the site (I see a plain text version at blog.mydomain.com/wordpress.

When I go to blog.mydomain.com I see the BitNami welcome page.

I’ve registered the subdomain and pointed it at the newly created IP address.

I haven’t changed the name servers with my registrar.

Please help!

Alistair

4. Christophe January 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

@Alistair: The instructions above do not use BitNami. If you see a BitNami welcome page, you must have followed other instructions or used another AMI. So it’s hard to tell what’s wrong with your specific setup. That being said, if you installed wordpress in its own “wordpress” directory and you want your blog to show up when accessing the root directory, you have to use an .htaccess file with a RewriteRule. I’m using: RewriteRule ^$ /blog.

5. SC January 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm #

Thank you for your tutorial! It was really helpful
    I am currently having some trouble with associating my IP address with the instance.
    After associating with it, I found that I am unable to go to the WordPress management console.
    Can you please advise?

Thanks!!

• ricko August 26, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

It’s probably too late to answer this but could be useful for others.

You can just add a new line to your /etc/hosts file and that will allow you to login again.

You can find a detailed solution here: http://codechili.org/blog/?p=175#self

6. Aditya January 19, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Could you share a bit more info on how to perform backup for wordpress on amazon ec2.
    Are there certain information we need to know to avoid that “oppss” moment where the entire wordpress (app, file and db) gone without trace and cannot be recovered.

aditya

7. King Sidharth January 30, 2012 at 8:00 am #

After associating IP with my instance – SSH stopped working and WordPress is not responding :/

• Christophe January 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

The public DNS changes when you restart the instance. Have you tried SSHing with the ip address you assigned?

• Michael Dobbertin December 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

The same issue is happening to me… everything worked correctly, except that after associating the IP with my instance and going to “/blog” makes the browser spin for awhile, then gives me the blog page without any CSS. Attempting to login (wp-login) doesn’t work at all – spins for awhile then times out.

• Shibi Kannan January 20, 2014 at 4:05 am #

Is there any solution for the CSS not showing up. I have same problem plus I am also having trouble uploading any media file. I think it has got something to do with setting proper permissions through the Apache server.

• CodyK April 16, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

Simple suggestion but, did you check your .htaccess file to see if it is blocking access to external files?

8. tyler January 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Christophe,

I followed your instructions word for word, but unfortunately no matter was I do I cannot get the standard default amazon page to load, or the Public DNS to resolve at all…any advice? I have terminated and restarted from scratch about 3 times now…thanks!

• Christophe January 31, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Tyler,
      Did the web server start successfully? Can you ping your host?
      Christophe

• tyler January 31, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Thanks Christophe, I had to set the HTTP rule in the security settings, everything is fine and dandy now! Thanks!

• Christophe February 1, 2012 at 4:50 am #

Great to hear!

• Seth August 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

I had this problem as well. It is necessary to go into the AWS console and click ‘Security Groups’ and then create a new rule: HTTP and ‘Add Rule’.

• sander November 16, 2013 at 5:31 am #

Hello Tyler having the same problem

You find ou this
          But can you explain what you did

Thanks Sander

Christophe,

9. sharif February 3, 2012 at 1:07 am #

Hi there, thanks a lot or this.

The only problem I have is that I can’t upload anything through wordpress. I believe this might have something to do with file and folder ownerships. Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

• brun February 9, 2012 at 9:46 am #

Same here. I’m running a similar installation, will try to change permissions to /var/www/html folder so that regular user ec2-user can read and write there, then download WordPress as that user and not as root.

What I did was, before downloading/installing WordPress (the wget command), allow reading/writing/executing things to everyone in the /html directory by writing this: chmod 777 var/www/html

Then I exited su mode by writing exit (prompt changes from # to $). Then I did the rest as the regular ec2-user instead of root, wgetting the latest WordPress ZIP, unzipping, renaming, etc. WIll let you know if it works when I’m over!

10. Gary February 7, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

Nice job. Worked for me! thanks!
    Just 2 typos: mysql_secure_Installation should be mysql_secure_installation
    tar -xzvf latest.tar.gzcd should be tar -xzvf latest.tar.gz

Also, I was not sure if it was necessary to change:
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);
    So I just left it alone. Seems to be working.
    Thanks again!

• pferg February 20, 2014 at 8:47 am #

I agree with this coment:

tar -xzvf latest.tar.gzcd should be just tar -xzvf latest.tar.gz

11. Dave Porter February 26, 2012 at 7:39 am #

Thanks for a great article – just worked through it and all worked out perfectly…

My question is, how do I configure my server for multiple domains ?
    Is there a management tool I can install to do this ?

TIA, Dave

12. Sam March 3, 2012 at 9:47 am #

mysql_secure_Installation under the “Secure your database” step should be mysql_secure_installation. It’s apparently case sensitive and didn’t work until I lowercased the “i”.

13. Jeff March 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

Thanks for this guide, Cristophe, very helpful!

Can you comment on any differences that might exist if you were looking to have this wordpress site at conraets.org as opposed the /blog subdirectory? I have followed your instructions up until the end, but am not sure how to point the domain due to the fact that I’d like the blog to exist on the root domain.

Thanks again!
    Jeff

14. khoskin March 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Thanks so much – straight forward and clear …

2 small corrections –

mysql_secure_Installation should be mysql_secure_installation

and

tar -xzvf latest.tar.gzcd should be tar -xzvf latest.tar.gz

chrs

• khoskin March 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

I really should have read the other comments .

chrs

15. Carlos April 2, 2012 at 7:09 am #

I created the stack, the WP installation…now how do I connect to SFTP using a program such as Transmit. Can you help on this? I created a key pair but the key is not associated to the existing stack. Don’t know if this is the problem and how to solve it. Thanks

16. Miguel April 7, 2012 at 11:23 am #

So helpful. Restored my faith in how mankind is dealing with technology :)

17. John Littefield May 13, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

After installing wordpress if you are being prompted for ftp credentials when you try to add or delete plugins or themes try changing the ownership of the web files to apache which is the username that the Apache server runs under. Many thanks to Christopher Coenraiets for this great page of instructions. There is another good instructional post at http://compositecode.com/2011/03/29/aws-linux-ec2-wordpress-free/ that was very helpful.

chown -R apache /var/www/html
    chmod -R 755 /var/www/html

18. Paul May 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

This is a brilliant tutorial, it all worked perfectly…and I’m anything but a developper !
    I’ve started with the micro version as i’m just launching the site…we’ll see
    Regards
    Paul

19. Johanna May 31, 2012 at 2:05 am #

Christophe, is there a way to get a php site on ec2 that is not a wordpress blog? I’ve been trying to make it work on s3 but so far my site seems to be displaying more or less okay on Firefox -with minor details – but when I try to access the url on IE or Chrome I get a download message. From what I have learned so far about php driven sites I need ec2 and I spent some time learning how to create an instance but then the option presented is to launch a WP blog which I don’t want.

Johanna

20. Tyson June 1, 2012 at 2:26 am #

Found this post extremely helpful when migrating my blog to Self Host WordPress on EC2. I recently had to deal with a big traffic spike and wrote a quick blog post about it, thought some of the other folks reading this post and getting started might find it helpful: http://www.etherealbits.com/?p=97.

21. Jeff June 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Christophe- awesome, thanks so much for this, it was INCREDIBLY useful! FYI, the “quick-start-1″ security choice only enabled SSH for me. I had to go back into it and manually add HTTP and HTTPS.

22. Tony June 6, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Everything worked as far as installing WordPress , but when I tried to update a plugin and was asked about FTP username and password, well that is when my world began to unravel =[

23. Jeff June 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Hi Christophe – thanks again for this great write up. I have one follow up question, if you don’t mind. I see that EC2 assigns a new public DNS when you restart the instance. but WordPress seems to use absolute paths in their urls, so when i restart the instance all of the links point to the old DNS and consequently fail. I’ve read the two solutions to this are to: 1) manually change the links; or 2) use a redirect plugin. Is there a way to address avoid this issue when installing WordPress after creating the instance – such as have WordPress use an elastic IP when it sets up its absolute paths?

24. Zaheer June 18, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Some quick tips for first-timers/corrections:
    1. In Step 5 before typing ‘:wq’ you must hit the ‘esc’ key in terminal
    2. In Step 6
    mysql_secure_Installation
    should read (notice the ‘i’ in installation is lower-case):
    mysql_secure_installation

25. Chief Editor June 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Very good info. Have you experience to make cluster for wordpress to avoid failure due bursting of single instance? In such case how to share files and database? How to routinely backup files? Any help

26. Shubz July 12, 2012 at 11:30 am #

A great articles! Now time to move Tekkish over onto EC2! :-)

27. Tony July 16, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tutorial, but I am having trouble increasing the max_upload size, my theme is exceeding the limit

Cheers

28. squashbrain July 17, 2012 at 4:05 am #

Hello. Thanks so much for this blog entry. I was able to get up and running quickly. However I think I have discovered something that may be out of order in your steps. When you create an Elastic IP in step 8, you are given a different IP address than when you first set up the EC2 instance. If you install WordPress first, then create and use an Elastic IP, you will end up with a WordPress installation with broken links. This happened to me. I followed your steps to the letter and when WordPress installed, the domain was that long Public DNS assigned to me. WordPress must have stored this in the DB somewhere. After I created the Elastic IP, the DNS is now a single ip for the hostname and WordPress would try to load then I would get ugly unstyled broken pages. To test, I deleted my EC2 and followed your tutorial over again but this time, before installing WordPress, I added the Elastic IP. This time it worked. To prove myself, I did this 2 more times, one following your to the letter and the second by swapping the Elastic IP/Wordpress install steps and same perfect results. Hope this help someone with the same issue. Thanks again for this post!!!!!

• Darren April 5, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

IT IS AS SQUASHBRAIN SAYS– you MUST get an elastic IP and then associate the elastic IP with the amazon instance BEFORE doing the install, otherwise bad things. Another helpful thing — the security group the instance belongs to needs to have a lot of inbound services allowed, I allowed pretty much everything, such as HTTP, SSH, SFTP, HTTPS, ICMP (for pinging), MYSQL (not MS SQL). Works great. Thanks for the instructions Christophe, I could not have done it without you. Thanks also to Squashbrain for the fix.

29. kerry July 30, 2012 at 11:22 am #

Hi, I have just downloaded the Amazon free bundle and I am looking to put upload wordpress onto the amazon server – are you just referring to the blog side? as i want to do the full website?? thanks k

30. Mohammed August 4, 2012 at 1:53 am #

is this going to be a better option then paying for VPS or even dedicated server??

31. Shaine Fisher August 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

I have NEVER touch any server that isnt windows, this was my first commandline install, you made it so easy, working perfectly, thank you!

32. Jack Savier I August 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

Thank you very much, realy good tutorial, it works perfect.

33. Fa1c0n August 29, 2012 at 6:50 am #

Im currently running a working wordpress blog on an EC2 instance also.
    Im just on the “Small” size instance and it seems to be working fine. This is one of the cheaper instances.
    I was able to cut a lot of time out cause i used plesk. That put php and apache an stuff on there for me.
    If you interested to see it you can have a look at:
    Cheers guys!

34. Rod Picazo September 4, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Great article! I’m migrating my site from inmotion hosting to Amazon Web Services. I had some truble with inmotion some time ago with wp-cron using a lot of resources so I disabled wp-cron and created a custom cron job for my site using this tutorial http://wp.tutsplus.com/articles/insights-into-wp-cron-an-introduction-to-scheduling-tasks-in-wordpress/ which helped a lot. Any idea on how I can do the same (create a custom cron job) in order to save resources within Amazon Web Services pleas??

35. stemie September 17, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Hi thanks for this useful info.
    Im trying to setup phpmyadmin but I am being denied permission to edit the files.
    Im trying to edit the file: phpmyadmin.conf
    Im presuming I need to chmod, I tired chmod o+w phpmyadmin with no luck.
    Any tips?

36. Oliver September 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Thank you very much for these useful tipps, I will soon migrate my blog to AWS.

37. Ralph A. Brandt September 24, 2012 at 2:16 am #

What is a .pem file and how do I get one?

38. christian October 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

Hi there. this has all been easy enough but the trickier step for me seems to be explained with the phrase “and a path to your .pem file”

I’ve got the .pem file on my desktop but the terminal cant find it there. This much is clear.

Could you help guide me through how to put it into the right file so that terminal can find it and i can therefore ssh in?

any help really really really appreciated!

cheers
    christian

39. Jeff Jones November 12, 2012 at 1:33 am #

Fantastic article! would have never figured it out with this!!!!!

40. Otto Rask November 12, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Hello and thanks for the clear tutorial. :)

Do you have any information/experience on how much an average WordPress website costs you on AWS? I’m juggling between shared/semi-shared hosting and using AWS for a few websites.

41. Vikram Ravindhran November 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

I saw several comments that some of them are facing problem after associating the Elastic IP address.

To fix this problem, you need to update the new IP address in the database. The steps are here.

1. SELECT option_value FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name = ‘siteurl’

You should see the old address.

Now run the below update statement by adding you Elastic IP address.

2. UPDATE option_value SET option_value = your_new_elastic_ip_address_goes_here

Thats should solve the problem. I used PHPMyAdmin to do the changes from browser itself with executing the SQL and it worked for me.

42. Héctor December 6, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Thank you! Very good!

I’m only need to add http rule in Security but always perfect!

43. Ira Michael Blonder December 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Hello.

Thanks for this guide. I am unable to ssh into the instance I have built. The error message I am receiving is “permission denied public key” I have set the local permissions for the key to read only. Any ideas why I am still receiving this message?

Ira

44. Ira Michael Blonder December 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Just fixed the issue: this information is correct: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1454629/aws-ssh-access-permission-denied-publickey-issue
    If experiencing the same issue as I noted in my question, and you are running Ubuntu 10.04 or later, then scroll down the above page to note a comment from “delinquentme” which fixes it. I am now logged in.

Ira

45. sohbet odalari December 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

very thanks

46. John December 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

you are my hero. I spent hours trying to do this. Then I found you tutorial. thank you.

47. Moran December 26, 2012 at 8:52 am #

Hello,

I work in SEO.

I’ve been visiting your site and found it very interesting.

I’m currently working on a website in a similar field, and I am interested in placing a text link on your site, in exchange for a monthly payment.

Does it sound interesting to you?
    If so, I would be glad to get an email from you.

All the best,
    Moran

48. Jo January 4, 2013 at 4:50 am #

Hi, my first time here, and a huge fun of yours already.

Here’s my case, recently I’ve transferred a website to my regular host that I would like to move and use the domain only to build a new website through Amazon EC2 from scratch. Meanwhile, how do I move this:”Index of /

jo/
    oldfolder/

Apache Server at mydomain.com Port 80″

oldfolder safely onto my hard drive? At this point, I am only interested in the domain name.

Further, is it possible to move an existing wordpress website to Amazon EC2?

Your help is very much appreciated in advance.

Kindest regards,

Jo

49. Fyord January 8, 2013 at 1:52 am #

Cheers for the info mate,

Is the micro instance you initially setup the free for the initial 12 months deal?

50. Matthew January 8, 2013 at 10:16 am #

I’m getting the permission denied (publickey) error when I try and ssh in step 3. i’ve followed the instruction letter for letter up to that point.

51. Mike B. January 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Very good and well written information, Christophe. It might be helpful to add a section that explains how to install a ssl certificate such that access to the admin login screen and dashboard requires https. The objective being to encrypt the admin’s credentials and subsequent configuration activities in the dashboard.

52. Dan Cz January 16, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

WARNING: NOOB QUESTION AHEAD

Hello,
    I am getting hung up at
    Step 5: Install PHP

I get all the way down to the last line about :wg to write the file and quit vi.
    I do it, but it doesn’t do anything. I don’t know how to get out without disconnecting.
    When I go to …/test.php, there is nothing there. I have done the same thing with test2.php and test3.php
    I would just skip over it, but I see that the next part about installing Word Press involves the same :wq command.

Little help ?

53. Paul January 18, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

Great post. quick step by step guide, how do we connect ftp client for uploading files?

54. Hi my loved one! I want to say that this article is awesome, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I’d like to peer extra posts like this .

55. company profile template January 25, 2013 at 7:27 am #

This is really interesting, You are an overly skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in search of
    more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

56. this website January 27, 2013 at 6:47 am #

Hi! I’ve been following your web site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

57. lysdexia February 2, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

Good stuff! One thing that you might want to add is that with wp 3.5.1 it is good to change the ownership of wp-content to the apache group.

All things being equal to the instructions above, just type

sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/blog

This will keep one from getting annoying file permission errors when attempting to upload media, resulting in a bitter outlook and eventual angry-robot-spewing-sarin-gas-upon-mine-enemies rants on that same, imageless blog.

• Jesse July 18, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

Oh my god…you saved my life…but not before an hour of said angry-robot-spewing-sarin-gas-upon-mine-enemies…Thank you for posting that amendment!

58. programador February 9, 2013 at 12:16 am #

It is truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

59. Anderson February 9, 2013 at 2:08 am #

Thanks for the tip
    I have only one problem
    I setup everything as you said.
    But I can only access my blog if I use my ip address.
    Not my domain.
    The domain said page not found.

is there any other thing I need to do other than associate a instance to my ip and set the NS and A records?

60. Jeff February 25, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

I’ve written a detailed post on optimizing WordPress on AWS EC2 with Varnish Cache, Apache and W3 Total Cache.

61. Brandon March 19, 2013 at 2:36 am #

I was able to login using winscp with sftp mode, but how do I run the shell to type those commands?

62. Anthony March 21, 2013 at 2:02 am #

Brilliant tutorial, I am just left with a problem, .htaccess files are needed by wordpress and not matter how many tutorials I go through it doesn’t seem to be as simple as updating httpd.conf, I have set every AllowOverride ALL and restarted by have no luck at all.

Is there any chance you could point me in the right direction I feel so close to having a working install.

Many thanks.

63. Brandon March 22, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I get this error.

Failure To Connect To Web Server

Any ideas?

64. AlternativestoGooglesearchengi March 25, 2013 at 10:33 am #

Thanks for scripting this excellent put up..Beloved your content. You should do hold writing

65. Brandon March 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Can someone please help. Whenever I navigate to my ip address I just get a tomcat installation page and when I navigate to my blog it gives me a 404 error. Some help please.

• Muller Digital January 8, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

If your WordPress pages and posts are returning 404s, try editing the httpd.conf and change AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All. Apache may not be reading your .htaccess file.

66. Troy Daley April 4, 2013 at 1:54 am #

FYI: I had to also install php-xml on the AWS Amazon Linux install so WordPress could parse import files from other WordPress sites. Otherwise you get a blank page on import an an error in your httpd log. Thanks for the walkthrough! Saved me a lot of time.

67. Ken April 24, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Thanks for this guide, I found it to be quite helpful! However I am encountering an error “HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.” I renamed the database to ‘showcase’ instead of blog, at my site http://ken.mosaict.com/showcase/ I am not sure why this is so?

68. Jan May 13, 2013 at 5:25 am #

Just want to tell if you want a working controlpanel at ec2 there is a good guide here http://www.smarchsoft.com/virtualmin_on_centos6.html#preinstall since it’s pretty hard to get centos to work

69. Casimira May 14, 2013 at 11:15 am #

Hi there everybody, here every person is sharing such know-how, thus it’s fastidious to read this webpage, and I used to pay a quick visit this blog all the time.

70. Greg May 17, 2013 at 12:06 am #

Loved this article. Simple and effective. Tho, with all the steps laid out for me, I have no idea what I’ve done. :/

71. free ms points giveaway 2011 May 23, 2013 at 5:32 am #

What’s up, I would like to subscribe for this blog to get latest updates, therefore where can i do it please assist.

72. www.Ebay.com May 25, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

Hi, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, superb blog!

73. Jeroen May 27, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Hi there,
    I followed your tutotrial to the word, but I am stuck on page 29, whereI did manage to extract WordPress but I cant` move wordpress to the html folder. The error is:

[ec2-user@ip-10-244-161-39 ~]$ sudo su
    [root@ip-10-244-161-39 ec2-user]# cd / var/ www
    [root@ip-10-244-161-39 /]# rmdir html
    rmdir: failed to remove `html’: Directory not empty
    [root@ip-10-244-161-39 /]#

Any help or suggestions?

Thank you.
    Jeroen

74. safety culture change in the workplace May 28, 2013 at 5:52 am #

Great post.

75. Hamster May 31, 2013 at 9:58 am #

Just a quick edit thing:

mysql_secure_Installation

should be:
    mysql_secure_installation (common i) (trip me up :) )

76. garcinia cambogia benefits June 1, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how
    can we communicate?

77. bearded dragons for sale June 4, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Very good information. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I’ve bookmarked it for later!

78. JoeP June 14, 2013 at 4:00 am #

Great tutorial, thanks. I had a few issues when installing themes, widgets & plugins that required a chmod 777 on the relevant Linux directories.

79. police academy graduation invitations June 16, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn.
    This is an extremely neatly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

80. Florine June 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

The pots nest together for quick and easy storage, saving valuable cabinet space.
    The Ridge-It is a permanent fall protection roof anchor designed
    to install easily and discreetly with the option to provide an access point on each side
    of the roof.

81. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT July 10, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

I’m now not sure where you are getting your information, however good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thanks for magnificent info I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

82. Jann July 12, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Folks, I have a problem in logging in to the server. I am able to create and launch the instance, make the connection on the java client using the keyname and *.pem file, but when i open it, it asks me for “ssh server or alias name”. I give ‘root’, ‘myhosts’ (which is the keyname i used) and also the IP address of my host. But everything in vain as it keeps saying that server name can’t be found, and the likes. Kindly HELP!

83. Peter July 17, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

This is fantastic and really easy. Thank you.

84. online forms July 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Make sure you put your keyword in the web
    page title, first paragraph and once or twice
    in the main body. It won’t take you extremely long to work out what way to employ it. Net’s builder has been out
    for a little more than a year, yet it already helped more than 5,000 webmasters to
    create their online forms.

85. Mandy July 27, 2013 at 8:58 am #

Marvelous, what a web site it is! This blog provides valuable data to
    us, keep it up.

86. how to increase youtube views July 29, 2013 at 8:49 am #

If you want to improve your experience only keep visiting this web site and be
    updated with the most recent information posted here.

87. www.iltuostore.it July 29, 2013 at 10:32 am #

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed
    reading it, you’re a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back later in life. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great posts, have a nice evening!

88. Masse July 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm #

I’m very happy to find this site. I need to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you book marked to check out new things in your blog.

89. online Form Generator August 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

All they need to do is to enroll with their name, email, contact
    number and country and vemmabuilder will cater to the particular
    country of the person. There are many web designers who charge huge amount of money to do this job for you.
    The specific combination of reps, sets, exercises, and weight depends upon the desires of the body builder.

90. james August 6, 2013 at 2:17 am #

Fantastic tutorial. Straight and to the point. No errors.

91. online form builder August 7, 2013 at 8:39 am #

Save All Paperwork: Whatever paperwork arrives
    with your parts or which is provided from the seller should be maintained.
    For professional web site builders extra complex laptop software program for net design is needed.
    You can make corrections directly instead of having to search mistake through the code, if something
    does not seem OK for you.

92. make money online plr products August 8, 2013 at 9:21 am #

Could be interested in signing up for albuquerque, New Mexico
    How do I go about signing ip.

93. Thoufeeq August 14, 2013 at 1:33 am #

I have tried W3TotalCache plugin with CDN Integration in wordpress. I used CloudFare and the results weren’t that impressive.

I wish to try Amazon EC2, and this seems to be an excellent starting point to learn the initial configuration.

Thanks for sharing.

94. Wow, this article is good, my sister is analyzing these things, therefore I
    am going to let know her.
    Голден стар казино онлайн Global казино Слотосфера
    игровые автоматы бесплатно *slotosfera-igrovye-avtomaty-besplatno.
    gk-alt.ru* Цена на игровые автоматы в украине Land игровые автоматы
    Купить онлайн казино с лицензией
    Казино в макао форум Рейтинг игровые автоматы онлайн играть бесплатно и без регистрации
    [http://reyting-igrovye-avtomaty-onlayn-igrat-besplatno-i.gk-alt.ru/]
    Реальные игровые автоматы играть бесплатно Игровые автоматы играть в резидентбесплотно Fallout new vegas прохождение казино *fallout-new-vegas-prohozhdenie-kazino.
    gk-alt.ru* Клубы казино рестораны Игровые автоматы game maker windows 7 Казино babylon в
    питере Онлайн казино дающее стартовый капитал Заработок в казино интернет Алладин игровые автоматы Казино в курдистане
    Казино с маленькой ставкой от 1 копейки Игровые автоматы
    онлайн бесплатно алькатрас москва Продам игровые автоматы адмирал 2010 Остров хайнань
    казино Best benalmadena 5* казино Казино
    играть в игровые автоматы Камеди что где когда казино
    5 букв Скрипт простого казино Онлайн казино моментальный
    вывод Игровые автоматы играть бесплатно 3д весь экран животные Музыка
    из отчетного концерта в концертном зале клубаказино олимпия 20012008г
    Прокурор дарипов пермский края игровые автоматы (prokuror-daripov-permskiy-kraya-igrovye-avtomaty.
    gk-alt.ru) Джеймс бонд казино рояль 2006 скачать

95. shalry August 28, 2013 at 2:35 am #

Second half of 1986 found 615 kinds of restriction enzymes and 98 kinds methylase; 1998 found 10,000 kinds of bacteria or archaea exist in 3000 kinds of enzymes, and there are more than 200 kinds of enzyme specificity. To January 2005, were found in 4342 kinds of restriction enzymes and methylase, which has 3,681 kinds of restriction enzymes, including type Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ type restriction enzymes have 59, 3612, 10 species, methylation guidance there are three restriction enzymes, restriction enzyme commercialized 588 kinds of restriction enzymes in type Ⅱ 221 species-specific.

96. Jens September 11, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Very nice documentation!

By the way, it is not mysql_secure_Installation (case sensitive)
    right one is mysql_secure_installation

Small detail but someone might stuck…
    br. Jens

97. Ben Meredith September 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

I get to the second part of step 6 “service mysqld start”

which returns a “mysqld: unrecognized service” error.

I have searched the internet for an hour trying to find why that is. Please help.

98. omega 8005 juicer September 25, 2013 at 1:01 am #

If you would like to improve your knowledge just keep
    visiting this web page and be updated with the most recent information posted here.

99. captcha" September 27, 2013 at 4:50 pm #

I do not comment, however after reading a great deal of responses on this page Setting Up
    WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes | Christophe Coenraets.
    I actually do have a couple of questions for you
    if you do not mind. Could it be just me or does it appear like
    a few of these responses come across like they are coming
    from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I would like to follow you.
    Could you post a list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your linkedin
    profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

100. iamwpj September 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Hey I was able to get all of this installed, but I cannot get my site to show the WordPress set up. When I set up MySQL it never changed from the Apache page. I went in and changed the php.conf for this:

#Uncomment the following line to allow PHP to pretty-print .phps
    # files as PHP source code:
    #
    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

Any other suggestions.

101. Rubin October 27, 2013 at 12:09 am #

Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?

Thanks a lot!

102. What Is An Ira Account November 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

It’s an remarkable post for all the internet users; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

103. Glider Rocker November 14, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article.

It was practical. Keep on posting!

104. google.com December 3, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of
    your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Fantastic work!

105. Fidelia December 9, 2013 at 2:41 am #

could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the
    same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

106. emsabdominalstoningbelt.com January 5, 2014 at 12:05 am #

Burning that many calories within a wlrkout is next
    to impossible for many people. Would you like to know about Customized Fat burning
    Review? Weight loss plateau happens even into the most diligent
    dieter and exerciser.

107. klima servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:05 am #

So the Slim Restful API is a requirement, I guess because it maps the browser state to a faux url – although I thought backbone was doing that with the router object(?). If I am looking to implement backbone to build a UI in suppport of a CMS backside, then I could map the Slim API functions per url to a series of CMS class methods – so long as I am returning a JSON object for underscore to parse into the backbone templates(?).

108. klima servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:05 am #

I feel my understanding of the Slim api in relation to the backbone router is foggy. Can someone please highlight that relationship – and perhaps how it might work from a cms backend?

Thank you, Christophe, for your excellent work! I appreciate the time you put into this tutorial.

109. vestel klima servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:09 am #

The Slim Framework is used to build a RESTful API with PHP. You could use whatever server-side language you prefer (Java, Ruby, etc.). The router should have nothing to do with the REST API; it maps application URLs to front-end (i.e. Backbone) functionality. However, the models & collections get linked to the REST API by URL – the URLs tell Backbone what REST services to use for loading/persisting data contained in the model/collection.

110. demirdökümkombi servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:11 am #

Backbone has optional support for pushstate. It is not enabled by default because not all browsers handle it yet (iOS Safari pre 5.0 is buggy, IE9 still does not support it, not sure about the Android browser and Safari may have issues there as well).

111. demirdöküm servis January 31, 2014 at 5:15 am #

You can enable `pushState` support by passing in the `pushState: true` option when starting the history handler: `Backbone.history.start({pushState: true})`

112. baymak kombi servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:16 am #

Great to see that the HTML+CSS+JS workflow is improving. However, I cannot help to think that this “app” would feel smoother in Flash. I think it has to do with small details such as how dropdown lists are rendered, how the page resizes when the elements are loaded, how the hoover selection in the dropdown feels a bit too instant etc. I guess this can be improved by tweeking the css, but these things are natively done right in Flash.

113. beko klima servisi January 31, 2014 at 5:17 am #

In 2012, Flash is still superior from a technical quality point of view. Not that I use it anymore. It got hit with the same ugly stick that Java applets were whacked with back in 1999 and that is that.

114. apartment rovinj February 10, 2014 at 2:07 am #

I found lots of interesting information here. The post was professionally written and I feel like the author has extensive knowledge in this subject.

115. soccer xml February 15, 2014 at 5:42 am #

Thank you for an additional great article. Exactly where else could anyone get that type of facts in this kind of a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m to the appear for such info.

116. ortaköy çilingir February 23, 2014 at 7:52 am #

117. electrician westend glasgow February 24, 2014 at 6:20 am #

I certainly learned about much of this, but never the less, I still assumed it had been helpful. Very good task !

118. Mark February 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

Great tutorial – the best of dozens I’ve read on the subject. Quick one on performance.. I’ve used exactly the same AWS setup (small instance type) but it’s incredibly in response time to load the vanilla wordpress sample page before any templating.
    What would you recommend I scale-up to improve this?
    Thanks in advance

119. Parul February 28, 2014 at 1:49 am #

Thanks a lot. I did try it once but couldn’t make any sense of it ended up hosting with google. Now with my second site i want it on Amazon and this has helped a lot.

Can I develop my site before I buy the URL? Some thing like a beta version before I launch the site. I am not a techie so simple language would be the best.

120. electricians westend glasgow March 5, 2014 at 2:33 am #

I like the efforts you have put in this,regards for all the great blog posts.Thank you,bless you for the article,I might come back later to view out your other posts.

121. essay March 6, 2014 at 12:36 am #

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

122. Digital Printing March 10, 2014 at 1:08 am #

I intended to compose you that tiny observation to help give many thanks over again over the great techniques you have discussed here. This has been extremely generous of you to deliver unhamper…

123. Digital Printing March 10, 2014 at 1:09 am #

124. Electricians in Glasgow March 31, 2014 at 5:43 am #

Very useful post you have here.. Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good.

125. ช่างกุญแจ April 11, 2014 at 2:48 am #

Spot on with this write-up, I really feel this web site needs much more attention.
    I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the
    info!

126. Windows Server April 11, 2014 at 5:34 am #

Howdy very cool website!! Man .. Excellent ..
    Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?

I’m satisfied to search out so many helpful information right here in
    the put up, we’d like work out extra strategies on this
    regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

127. demirdöküm kombi servisi April 11, 2014 at 5:43 am #

Well, I guess you just have to wait a few days more

128. recette crepe April 11, 2014 at 9:45 pm #

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure
    of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way
    of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an
    awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

129. small bites menu lakeland April 13, 2014 at 11:32 pm #

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all. But just imagine if you
    added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!

Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could definitely be one of the most beneficial in its field.
    Awesome blog!

130. It’s really a cool and useful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful info with us.

Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

131. roofing companies in omaha ne April 17, 2014 at 2:23 pm #

Thanks for finally writing about >Setting Up WordPress on Amazon
    EC2 in 5 minutes | Christophe Coenraets <Loved it!

132. how can you create a blog April 20, 2014 at 4:33 am #

Keep an eye on your blog stats so that you can determine great and bad your overall approach.
    By sharing content and as a result traffic in this way your
    site will grow much faster and your blog success will
    come that much sooner. If you give quality with reliability then people will purchase your product or service.

1. Random Code » Codigos y mas codigos! » La segunda semana del 2012 - January 15, 2012

[...] blog a Amazon, mi proveedor actual me esta dando mucho problema, y después de ver el tutorial para instalar WordPress en Amazon por Christophe Coenraets, ganas no me [...]

2. Random Code » De un programador a otro programador » La segunda semana del 2012 » Random Code - January 31, 2012

3. Hello world! | codeRogue - February 4, 2012

[...] just followed these instructions and got wordpress up and running on an ec2 instance in minutes.  Thank you Christophe Coenraets! [...]

4. Moved to Amazon EC2 - David Salmon Photography - February 23, 2012

[...] EC2 service. Unfortunately it took much longer than the time suggested by the title of this 5-minute guide but that was because I wasn’t starting with an empty site; I had more than 200 blog posts to [...]

5. AWS Elastic Cloud set up « oracleidentitymanagement - May 15, 2012

[...] setting up and configuring EC2 cloud is easy. These instructions were very useful: AWS EC2 Word Press Set up Now have a Tomcat and MySQL configuration running WordPress blog: WordPress Blog on [...]

6. Hello world! | Trey's Hacker School Blog - June 5, 2012

[...] was trying to get a simple WordPress blog setup on this server (this one) by using this very handy tutorial. That proved a bit more difficult. Everything was easy enough to install, but I was having [...]

7. Confluence: Humagine - June 8, 2012

Général…

Humagine Important : Tous les mots de passe utilis…

8. Deploying WordPress into Amazon EC2 » ptylr.com - June 16, 2012

[...] This is where we will control our virtual machine instances. Christophe Coenraets has a very good blog post, which includes detail on how to configure and connect to the instance, so I’m only going to [...]

9. Anuka – The Worlds First Portable Electric Hot Smoker | Ear Disorders - June 18, 2012

[...] dimension with the Anuka smoker.Carefully Guarded Secrets To Naturally And Safely Lower Cholesterol Whether you are a fisherman or a chef, a hunter or a housewife — the variety and choice of smoked…53.PNECOOPER.hop.clickbank.net/" style="background:url(http://img.youtube.com/vi/OiH8jXAfdbQ/0.jpg) [...]

10. Code by Zack | Intoduction - June 26, 2012

[...] is managed by the open-source WordPress framework (not wordpress.com). There is a great tutorial on how to set up WordPress on EC2 by Christophe Coenraets if you are interested in doing the [...]

11. Martin Brennan - July 28, 2012

[...] Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 Minutes – You could probably skip to step 7 on this one, it tells you how to download, install and set up the latest WordPress installation on your instance. [...]

12. Tistory에서 WordPress.com 으로 포장이사 | Guruble Story - July 28, 2012

[...] http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

13. Displaying charts saved on EC2 server in web browser « somequantstuff - August 8, 2012

[...] with our chart should be pulled up. Instructions to install and start apache server can be found here. Note: to get apache server working you need to allow port 80 for HTTP. This is easily done through [...]

14. Site and blog moved to Amazon EC2 » Blog of addicted game developer - August 14, 2012

[...] machine, after that I installed MySQL, Apache server, ftp and WordPress. Several useful links:  WordPress Installation, [...]

15. Site moved to Amazon EC2 » Blog of addicted game developer - August 14, 2012

16. Lovely, my first WordPress server | NoWorries - August 20, 2012

[...] pretty easy, just follow this guide: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged WordPress by admin. Bookmark the [...]

17. The Setup | BrewCode Blog - August 25, 2012

[...] I followed this guide for the most part, with a few other searches around google to figure out other things: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

18. WordPress on Amazon EC2 | Layer Zero Blog - August 28, 2012

[...] Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes [...]

19. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes | TechnoVeille - September 3, 2012

[...] test your Web Server, open a browser and access your web site: http://ec2-50-17-14-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com (Use your actual public DNS name). You should see a standard Amazon place holder [...]

20. The Network Social | Andy Lenox's Blog - September 6, 2012

[...] finally bit the bullet and learned a little about Amazon EC2. Thanks in large part to a very helpful blog post, I was able to get a WordPress install up in minutes, but I can’t help but think this could [...]

21. [AWS] setup a lamp with phpmyadmin on AWS ec2 | Developer Life - September 8, 2012

[...] wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz tar -xzvf latest.tar.gz [...]

22. 五分钟在EC2上创建wordpress | 屌丝需要金克拉 - September 23, 2012

23. Wordpress Install on Amazon EC2 | Solar Polar - September 26, 2012

[...] Christophe Coenraets - http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

24. Guide to Wordpress and Amazon EC2 Micro Instance | SkimFeed.com All The News Blog - September 27, 2012

[...] Setting up Amazon EC2 free micro instance quickly – Tutorial and Guide to set up a quick free amazon EC2 instance.  Contains an optional WordPress install capable of 10 million visitors a day and covers nginx and Linux firewall.  Full Guide to EC2. [...]

25. Philly, Schools, and Code » Hello, World! (And….getting started on the cheap with EC2 Free Tier) - November 5, 2012

[...] Getting started – To host this blog, I used the free usage tier of EC2.  I more or less followed the instructions available here: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

26. Special : ADP, Poltergeist, AWS and H264 | NightlyArt Library - November 16, 2012

[...] All Things Distributed 4. Amazon EC2 cloud is made up of almost half-a-million Linux servers 5. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes 6. Amazon Glacier Cloud storage Review – The Most Affordable Online Backup Service 7. Amazon [...]

27. Amazon Web Services - December 18, 2012

[...] here’s how you set up WordPress in 5 minutes. [...]

28. How to Set Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 - RainBear's Cafe - January 17, 2013

[...] Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes [...]

29. How to write Dreamtime Circles: A Journey in Web Technology | Dreamtime Circles - January 20, 2013

[...] fount out that people around had similar ideas and needs, for example using the Amazon Web Services EC2 free-tier for hosting and using NGINX sitting behind a Varnish cache on Ubuntu Linux to serve PHP and WordPress (by the [...]

30. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 | Mikko Rusama Blog - January 21, 2013

[...] found Christophe Coenraets’s blog about Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes and inspired by that decided to setup a blog of my own that would reside in the cloud running on [...]

31. Wordpress on ec2 | Ragnar's blog - February 1, 2013

[...] post about installing wordpress on Amazon ec2! This entry was posted in Uncategorized on February 1, [...]

32. Hello world! | Steve's Blog - February 23, 2013

[...] posting.  Thanks go to http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ for the good write-up concerning how to create a blog vm on EC2. This entry was posted in [...]

33. HOW TO: Install Wordpress on Amazon EC2 | Jorge Chang - February 24, 2013

[...] Coenraets has an amazing tutorial on how to install WordPress on EC2 here. So I am not going to repeat it here, since it was really that simple and took less that 5 minutes [...]

34. Launch your WordPress blog with JumpBox | Life runs on code - March 7, 2013

[...] up WordPress blog with AWS EC2 still requires some tech steps. Here is a blog post that you can follow to create your blog. Out of the blue, I just found an easier way to do that:1) [...]

35. Getting Setup! | MattMcNaughton - May 11, 2013

36. In search of a new web host | Ardamis - June 1, 2013

[...] option would be to not go with a hosting company at all and just use Amazon EC2 to self-host my blog. I have seriously considered doing this, but by some accounts, it’s actually more expensive [...]

37. PHP désormais suporté par Google AppEngine (GAE) ← Bruno Soufo Personnal blog - June 2, 2013

[...] des langage de développement weble plus utilisé. De plus la concurence avec Amazon EC2 (Php/wordpress sur Amazon Cloud ou en français) et Microsoft Azure (Php(wordpress) sur [...]

38. Set up wordpress on amazon ec2 in 5 minutes | Corporate Training - June 8, 2013

39. Updating Wordpress in Amazon Linux AMI | Blog de Devniel - June 9, 2013

[...] [2]http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

40. Hello AWS, LAMP, WordPress!——个人博客建立手记 | lykFantasy - July 14, 2013

[...] Ref:Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 minutes (试了不好用才有我上面这么麻烦的) [...]

41. I just installed wordpress | wp.david-fox.com - July 25, 2013

[...] only took about 5 minutes! I used this page to help me though. I’m going to put some text below to pad this out a [...]

42. Host Your Blog at Amazon Web Services and Why Is Amazon Amazing | Student of Value - August 12, 2013

[...] Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 in 5 Minutes [...]

43. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 | Yueyong Su's Blog - August 16, 2013

[...] useful links: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

44. I’ve changed my blog hostname and I can’t login again Cambie el nombre del servidor de mi blog y no puedo ingresar de nuevo | Code & Chili - August 26, 2013

[...] I deployed a WordPress blog in AWS-EC2 following this great post . Unfortunately I installed almost everything before creating a public IP for my EC2 instance, so [...]

45. Setting up wordpress on AWS EC2. | Statistics, Data and Technology - August 30, 2013

46. » WordPress Site to AWS EC2 Server - Fay Pickering - September 4, 2013

[...] So the initial set up can be followed by instructions found here: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

47. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 | Try Remember - September 20, 2013

48. Credit Card Processing Service - Merchant Account - September 26, 2013

[...] Original Post: http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ [...]

49. A Journey’s Start | Tech Journey Blog - October 28, 2013

[...] I may get into the technicals at some point in the future but the basics are a single t1.micro instance and the RedHat Linux AMI.  I used a number of tutorials to get started but the easiest to understand was definitely this one. [...]

50. Returning to a wordpress ec2 instance to find "AWS Elastic Beanstalk PHP application" | Technology & Programming - November 13, 2013

[...] a month ago I installed wordpress on a ec2 instance following this tutorial. I just came back to it and it was completely not live I had to run. I remember when I last left it [...]

51. Weissint » Blog Archive » The First Post - November 18, 2013

[...] (at least for now) it’s pretty easy to do and there are plenty of tutorials on how to do it (this one for [...]

52. Amazon and Microsoft Cloud for Podcasters | Raleighite.comRaleighite.com - December 12, 2013

[...] to write up some basic how to blog posts to get you going. If you can’t wait just check out this post for step by step instructions. Are you happy with your webhost? Let me know if you’ve got a [...]

53. Setting Up WordPress on Amazon EC2 | Yueyong Su - January 12, 2014

54. My first blog post | BPMathews Blog - February 1, 2014

[…] I have next to no experience in web development so I had to rely on some outside help. I found http://coenraets.org/blog/2012/01/setting-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2-in-5-minutes/ to be incredibly helpful and with any luck this will help someone else in my […]