Video: New Components in Flex 4.6

Holly and I have been working on an Expense Report application for tablets. We used a Flex 4.5 version in our session at MAX this year, but we have also been working on a 4.6 version in parallel. The new components in Flex 4.6 are really helping delivering a great experience on tablets. You can read more about Flex 4.6 here. Thanks to ESRI and Mansour for the great maps.

This is still work in progress, but you can watch a video of the application here:

Holly and I will be co-presenting at RIA Unleashed this year. We have a workshop on the 27th, and, if you attend, this is the application you will build (plus additional bonus features not demonstrated here like push notifications, etc). Since we want to keep the content fresh (and we still have to polish a few things), we will make the code available after the event.

Flex 4.6

You can read more about Flex 4.6 and the prerelease program here.

15 Responses to Video: New Components in Flex 4.6

1. Paul Bergsma October 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm #

It’s an excellent idea to use an architecture in your next application , may I ask why don’t you choose Cairngorm 3 which is from Adobe Open Source ?
    As far as I understand, Francois Le Droff (who took over the Cairngorm 3 project when Alex Ulhmann left) told me that CG3 is completely applicable in mobile development.
    Moreover, there’s also Robotlegs + Signals which is also widely used, why Mansour which looks quite experimental ?

2. TuTone October 17, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Awesome dem video, now I almost want to go to RIA Unleashed!

3. tony marziani October 19, 2011 at 11:01 am #

Hi Christophe, I have used your Employee directory to learn flash/flex/mobile. Great example!!! In the past I worked more with other ide platforms. Do you have a similar example of mobile sqlite that does updates/adds/deletes on a mobile sqlite application.

Tony Marziani

4. lokesh October 20, 2011 at 8:23 am #

Hi Christophe, My self working in flex and i need to know how to integrate flex with springs, pls let me know

Regards
    Lokesh

5. Adam October 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

I wish I could be at there, cant wait to play around with the source code.

6. fox October 31, 2011 at 8:08 am #

A LIVE demo to try of that Spinning List would be LOVELY ! PLEASE <3

7. Alex November 28, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Which maps do you use? Since Google maps support is being dropped…

8. marks November 30, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Can you upload the source code here.Thanks

9. Leon February 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

Where can I download the source code of this Expense report application? I would like to play around with it.

10. Tahir Alvi March 19, 2012 at 4:34 am #

Hi Coenraets,
    is all of these new components available for web/Air application too?.

11. Gucci Ceinture April 10, 2013 at 4:01 am #

One of the certainly large questions in designing for happiness is regardless of whether to pick painted walls or wallpaper or tiles for new bathroom style projects. Colour could be the number 1 consideration. It can be applied to frame and showcase certain fascinating functions on the bathroom dimensions, appealing London-designed sanitaryware, or favourite pieces of washroom artwork. Mood is a vital bathroom style consideration in this regard how does the client want to realize that feeling of happiness by luxuriating inside the space of their new bathroom?

12. sfsxxsf December 3, 2014 at 1:00 am #

Eczema is generally a body’s reaction to what it perceives as a threat. Studies have shown that a main cause for eczema can be different food allergies, so once you’ve identified the type of eczema you have, it then becomes very important to figure out which foods cause eczema. download here

1. My First RIA Unleashed! | Devgirls Weblog - October 18, 2011

[…] home and used for later reference and talk about some best practices for mobile in the process. Here’s a preview of the app we’ll be building from Christophe’s blog. We might even sneak in some native extension talk […]

2. Cool Stuff with the Flash Platform - 10/24/2011 | Remote Synthesis - October 24, 2011

[…] Adobe evangelist Christophe Coenraets and fellow evangelist Holly Schinsky are presenting a workshop on developing mobile applications with Flex 4.6 at RIA Unleashed this week. Christophe shares a sneak peak of the application you will build in this session as well a video previewing all the new mobile components coming in Flex 4.6. […]

3. Video: New Components in Flex 4.6 - Chris Underhill - November 3, 2011

[…] http://coenraets.org/blog/2011/10/video-new-components-in-flex-4-6/ « Back to Blog […]