MAX Session Video: How to Develop Amazing Mobile Enterprise Apps with Flex

It was great to see a lot of you at MAX this year. If you you didn’t attend MAX or my session, the video is now available. You can watch it here:

9 Responses to MAX Session Video: How to Develop Amazing Mobile Enterprise Apps with Flex

1. hellrider October 13, 2011 at 10:31 am #

pretty cool awesome greetings from ecuador

2. JCLang October 16, 2011 at 3:39 am #

Hello Christophe,
    thank you for your presentation, it’s always a pleasure and a great stimulation to see your work in action!

3. larry October 17, 2011 at 6:13 am #

Thanks for this video, i’m currently dev an mobile apps and i’ve learn lot. Do you thing it is possible to have a chance to get the sources of your tool class named “StatesUtil”, it’s will help me a lot for my general knwolegdes in mobileAppdev

sorry for my bad English

larry

4. Hsin-Chih Li October 19, 2011 at 3:39 am #

Great video and thanks for your sharing. I watch this video again to again…….

Eric Li ~~~ From Taiwan

5. Steven October 25, 2011 at 9:13 am #

This presentation was very useful!

There is a section where “state groups” are mentioned as a good way to be able to adapt layout to different screen sizes and orientations. However, the MobileTrader code on github doesn’t appear to use state groups. Any chance you could make available a sample showing best practice?

thanks!

6. Steven November 1, 2011 at 6:09 am #

The sample code illustrating the use of state groups is now available at http://devgirl.org/2011/10/31/flex-mobile-development-building-tablet-apps-full-example-with-source-code/

Thanks again for the preso!

7. eric November 7, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

Veery good and usefull presentation.
    I’ve downloaded the source files because I was very interested in your StatesUtil class.
    I took the freedom to modify your IsTablet function to have a more accurate result and wanted to share it.
    I’m using the ratio between the (max) pixels and PPI of the screen.
    If the ratio > 5.5 (all tablets are between 6.01 and 8, phones are between 2.2 and 3.75 ) and max pixels >=800 (that’s also a minimum for a tablet), it’s a tablet, else it’s not.
    here it is:
    public function get isTablet():Boolean
    {
    var PPI:int = Capabilities.screenDPI;
    var maxPixels:int = _target.width > _target.height ? _target.width : _target.height;
    var ratio:Number = maxPixels / PPI;

if (ratio >= 5.5 && maxPixels >= 800) {
    return true;
    }
    else {
    return false;
    }
    }

hope this helps..

8. larry November 10, 2011 at 5:07 am #

Thank ‘s Christophe , thank’s Eric :)
    larry

9. çet November 28, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

Veery good sharing Thank you Christophe Coenraets.