My recent video, Flex on the iPad, has generated a lot of interest. The same application runs on iOS, Android, and the BlackBerry PlayBook. A number of you have asked me for the source code. Now that Flex 4.5 has been released, I’m able to share it: you can download the project file here.

NOTE: The shipping version of Flash Builder 4.5 provides full support for Flex projects on Android. Support for Flex projects on iOS and the PlayBook will be available in a June update. More information here.

Usual disclaimer about the source code: This is a sample application, I intentionally cut some corners, etc.

15 Responses to Three Platforms, One application: MobileTrader for iOS, Android, and PlayBook Source Code Available

1. Matt Shaw May 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

Christophe,

I was under the impression that the Android apps were running as native apps but it seems that they still require the user to install the AIR runtime. Do you know if there are any plans to have stand-alone native apps like what is being done for iOS?

I believe having to install AIR is a large barrier to entry for users.

Matt

2. Eckarath May 18, 2011 at 3:11 am #

Thanks for sharing,

Greats demo apps, by the way !!!

I was wondering: Why did you not use chart components to draw charts ?
    I guess it’s for performance issue but i have read that we can still use it for mobile app development

3. manuel urea May 18, 2011 at 3:17 am #

Hi very interesting, How is possible to install the app on the ipad?

Thanks.

4. Michael Kaufman May 18, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

Thanks Christophe, This is a big help!!

5. vkwake May 19, 2011 at 7:29 am #

Many Thanks Christophe for sharing code, it is a big help for me for starting :)

6. Mike May 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Christophe,

First of all, I am a big fan of Flex and Air, but I have to agree with Matt. Correctly if I am wrong, and I hope I am wrong, but background and startup apps are not possible due to Air restrictions. Is this correct? I need to have the capability of running background applications on these devices as well as having the applications launch in the background upon startup.

7. Joseph May 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm #

Much valuable – thanks Christophe :)

8. Matt Shaw May 20, 2011 at 12:12 am #

Mike, you should check out this link:

9. Mike May 22, 2011 at 7:52 am #

Matt,

Unfortunately, I am not a Java develper nor do I have a Jave background. Be nice if actionscript/flex/air had the wrappers for you.

Thanks for the link.

Mike

10. Mike May 22, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Matt,

*** The following is totally unsupported by Adobe ***

Mike

11. zach June 24, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

Excellent…When we develop Mobile applications from Flash builder, can we access cross domain data? as i dont know how can you change crossdomain.xml to access data from someone’s else services?

12. Best Android App August 6, 2011 at 5:52 am #

Thanks Christophe.
    I am using mobile trader on my DROID X. recently there was a problem with the update. it was showing alert about update, even if i update immediately. The problem is solved now, i uninstalled and made a fresh install of the application and everything seems fine now.

13. مفكرة العرب October 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Thanks, this blog is very good!!

14. IMVU VIP Hack September 12, 2013 at 5:00 am #

Good day! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information
    you have right here on this post. I will be returning to your blog for more soon.

15. hacks for imvu April 24, 2014 at 11:33 am #

Seeking for a hack for IMVU, dont want to pay money for imvu credits anymore? with this new imvu credits hack you can add any quantity of free imvu credits you want! http://imvucreditshack-2014.blogspot.com