My recent video, Flex on the iPad, has generated a lot of interest. The same application runs on iOS, Android, and the BlackBerry PlayBook. A number of you have asked me for the source code. Now that Flex 4.5 has been released, I’m able to share it: you can download the project file here.

NOTE: The shipping version of Flash Builder 4.5 provides full support for Flex projects on Android. Support for Flex projects on iOS and the PlayBook will be available in a June update. More information here.

Usual disclaimer about the source code: This is a sample application, I intentionally cut some corners, etc.

24 Responses to Three Platforms, One application: MobileTrader for iOS, Android, and PlayBook Source Code Available

1. Matt Shaw May 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

Christophe,

I was under the impression that the Android apps were running as native apps but it seems that they still require the user to install the AIR runtime. Do you know if there are any plans to have stand-alone native apps like what is being done for iOS?

I believe having to install AIR is a large barrier to entry for users.

Matt

2. Eckarath May 18, 2011 at 3:11 am #

Thanks for sharing,

Greats demo apps, by the way !!!

I was wondering: Why did you not use chart components to draw charts ?
    I guess it’s for performance issue but i have read that we can still use it for mobile app development

3. manuel urea May 18, 2011 at 3:17 am #

Hi very interesting, How is possible to install the app on the ipad?

Thanks.

4. Michael Kaufman May 18, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

Thanks Christophe, This is a big help!!

5. vkwake May 19, 2011 at 7:29 am #

Many Thanks Christophe for sharing code, it is a big help for me for starting :)

6. Mike May 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Christophe,

First of all, I am a big fan of Flex and Air, but I have to agree with Matt. Correctly if I am wrong, and I hope I am wrong, but background and startup apps are not possible due to Air restrictions. Is this correct? I need to have the capability of running background applications on these devices as well as having the applications launch in the background upon startup.

7. Joseph May 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm #

Much valuable – thanks Christophe :)

8. Matt Shaw May 20, 2011 at 12:12 am #

Mike, you should check out this link:

9. Mike May 22, 2011 at 7:52 am #

Matt,

Unfortunately, I am not a Java develper nor do I have a Jave background. Be nice if actionscript/flex/air had the wrappers for you.

Thanks for the link.

Mike

10. Mike May 22, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Matt,

*** The following is totally unsupported by Adobe ***

Mike

11. zach June 24, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

Excellent…When we develop Mobile applications from Flash builder, can we access cross domain data? as i dont know how can you change crossdomain.xml to access data from someone’s else services?

12. Best Android App August 6, 2011 at 5:52 am #

Thanks Christophe.
    I am using mobile trader on my DROID X. recently there was a problem with the update. it was showing alert about update, even if i update immediately. The problem is solved now, i uninstalled and made a fresh install of the application and everything seems fine now.

13. مفكرة العرب October 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Thanks, this blog is very good!!

14. IMVU VIP Hack September 12, 2013 at 5:00 am #

Good day! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information
    you have right here on this post. I will be returning to your blog for more soon.

15. hacks for imvu April 24, 2014 at 11:33 am #

Seeking for a hack for IMVU, dont want to pay money for imvu credits anymore? with this new imvu credits hack you can add any quantity of free imvu credits you want! http://imvucreditshack-2014.blogspot.com

16. Danielgrant March 16, 2015 at 6:56 am #

For this purpose even white-colored hatters should differ their methods a little from 30 days to 30 days, but also because it seems sensible to analyze new techniques. Ek Paheli Leela

17. ali khan April 5, 2015 at 9:01 am #

If you are searching for your website to position from the Top Ten seo result website for a particular key phrase or key terms then depend on spending while in the countless figures and countless figures, sometimes countless figures, for excellent, professional, and reliable SEO organizations, usually with regards to the competition from the keyword and key phrase and key phrase. my link

18. ali khan April 6, 2015 at 9:40 am #

However, Google has made it difficult for web developers to use marketing techniques in manipulating search search engines. This is why SEO organizations have the assured SEO cash return. affair website

19. FGJD FDJH April 14, 2015 at 3:32 am #

Very exciting to study this content.I would like to thank you for the initiatives you had created for composing this amazing content. ondenews.it

20. ali khan April 18, 2015 at 6:19 am #

The two pillars of the SEO services, the content writers and the SEO experts work together to help boost the website of the client in the top ranks of the search engine. list of the best air compressors

21. Danielgrant April 21, 2015 at 6:56 am #

If you are in the revenue business then a excellent SEO advisor understands that the amount of place visitors you begin to your place is not as important as the value place of the place visitors. link vao m88

22. ikinci el klima April 28, 2015 at 6:09 pm #

ben beğeniyorum ve her zaman yazılarınızı paylaşıyorum

23. ali khan May 6, 2015 at 8:30 am #

Provided that the author benefits people with creativeness, design and/or enough information; expecting to business those, as it were, in come returning for the visitor’s toleration of a little repetition; there may still be appropriate interaction going on. Be it ever SEO little or ever SEO unexplained. Dean Graziosi

24. çelik raf sistemleri June 8, 2015 at 9:11 am #