UPDATE: An updated version of this Test Drive is available here
SpringSource just released the RC1 build for the Spring / BlazeDS integration project. The key new feature in RC1 is the integration of the BlazeDS Message Service.
I updated my Spring BlazeDS Integration Test Drive to showcase the messaging integration.
In addition to Remoting and Security samples, the Test Drive now includes the following Messaging samples:
- Chat: Messaging basics
- Simple Data Push: A simple data push example
- Traderdesktop: A more sophisticated data push example showing how to use subtopics
- JMS Chat: A chat application using a JMS topic and exchanging messages with a Swing-based client
- Collaboration: An example showing how to use messaging to remotely drive another client’s application
- Download the Spring / Flex TestDrive here: http://coenraets.org/downloads/spring-flex-testdrive-RC1.zip
- Unzip it in your root directory
- Navigate to /spring-flex-testdrive/tomcat/bin and start Tomcat (for instance: catalina run)
- Open a browser and access http://localhost:8080
- Follow the instructions
As always, I’d love to hear your feedback and your ideas to improve this Test Drive.
I will probably have another version next week with a couple of additional samples and more documentation for the Message Service, but I already wanted to make this version available to allow you to experiment RC1 samples.