Quicklook: Offline Flex Calendar Application with iLog and SQLite

I have been playing with the new iLog calendar component that I plan to incorporate in the next version of Salesbuilder. In the meantime, I figured I would share this simple application that shows how to use the iLog component and persist its calendar data in a local SQLite database.

This application only uses a subset of the features available in the calendar component. For example the component also supports recurring events.

Install Adobe AIR Quicklook application:
[airbadge]Quicklook, http://coenraets.org/apps/quicklook/Quicklook.air, v1, http://coenraets.org/apps/quicklook/Quicklook.png[/airbadge]

Click here to download the Flex source code. You’ll have to add the iLog SWC to your build path. The application is using iLog Elixir Beta 2 available here.

22 Responses to Quicklook: Offline Flex Calendar Application with iLog and SQLite

1. Michael Hoisie February 5, 2009 at 11:57 am #

This looks great! How hard do you think it would be to make this pull from google calendar?

2. lelander February 5, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Hello Christophe,
    This is immensely helpful. I knew that ilog was coming out with a new version of elixir but did not know they were working on a calendar component. I’m looking forward to digging into this and figuring out the sqllite as well, because I had previously had trouble with manipulating dates in sqllite.
    Thanks!

3. Christophe Jolif February 5, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

Nice use of the ILOG Elixir Calendar indeed! To Michael, you can have a look at this blog post:
    http://blogs.ilog.com/elixir/2008/12/23/ical-reader-sample/ to check how the ILOG Elixir Calendar can import data using the iCal format (that is used by Google Calendar).

4. bjorn February 6, 2009 at 4:27 am #

You should really enable captcha on your blog, check out all the spam comments here:

5. Peter May 19, 2009 at 10:24 am #

Hi, I am a complete and utter noob at flex, but I have downloaded the trial of Flex Builder.

I am starting to go through the tutorials, but if someone could could tell me how to open this calendar project in flex builder to be able to tinker with it, mess up and learn the fun way, it would be greatly appreciated!!

I simply do not know where to put the different files and scripts to be able to make an app of the with flex.

Do I need to create a local SQLite database on my computer to make it work ?

To stoopid a question? Then pls disregard my comment. I think the application looks really really great!

Kindly/ Peter

6. ED June 3, 2009 at 11:49 am #

hi michael im new in flex help me how to find a tutorial how to make one.. pleasee pleaseeeee

7. ED June 3, 2009 at 11:51 am #

i really want this one, but i have limited amount of money is ilog for free???

8. Jay Godse June 26, 2009 at 11:24 am #

This is cool. This whole rich client thing is going great with SQLite. Where is the data schema stored?

9. bedava film izle July 28, 2009 at 4:17 am #

Hello and good day,

He showed us that it is also possible without drugs! He did a great job!

10. santhosh August 11, 2009 at 8:42 am #

iLog SWC Where do i download that i downloaded ilog but where do i find swc

11. Iqbal Singh October 27, 2009 at 2:36 am #

Can I use your code in my application for commercial purpose or is there any copyright for it. Or will you charge for it.

12. Patrick Carias March 15, 2010 at 5:39 pm #

Hi, We have developped a new Flex calendar component with a lot of nice features : http://www.keepcore.com/composants-flex/flex-calendar-component.html
    Let us know if you have suggestions! You will find free trial version, demo application source code and asdoc. Hope it helps,
    regards,
    Patrick.

13. Marylka March 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

I would like to create a calendar of events but as a web application. Just beginning the adventure of Adobe’s Flash Builder 4 / Flex. How do I create a calendar and a database to this calendar.

14. Giorgos May 16, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

Hello, what happened to the iLog Elixir Beta 2 link. It seems to be a broken link.
    Any ideas?

15. linhf December 2, 2010 at 1:00 am #

hi this is very good !! often see you hehehe…very nice …

16. linhf December 2, 2010 at 3:05 am #

that ilog ” The application is using iLog Elixir Beta 2 available ” is not right!! how give me a right url….thank you very much !!! And that ilog Calender

17. Mike December 9, 2010 at 4:38 am #

We are working on the flex calendar / schedule component. Check it out here:

Comments and suggestions most welcome!

18. wpolscemamymocneseo January 11, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

Hi….thanks for this good information.I’m so happy because it’s very useful for my thesis research.I hope you will keep updating your content constantly as you have one dedicated reader here :)

19. Tahir Alvi September 14, 2011 at 11:37 am #

Thanks man,

First of all thanks for sharing such a nice application source code second i really really appreciate your work and efforts.

Note: please update the ilog elixier SWC path.

Thanks.

20. Kouichi October 12, 2011 at 3:33 am #

(s >= “A” && s (s >= “A” && s <= "Z")

1. Christophe Coenraets » Blog Archive » ILog Elixir 2 Released: Calendar Component, Heat Maps, and More… - February 25, 2009

[...] I recently posted a sample Adobe AIR application named Quicklook that shows how to use the new ILog Calendar component and persist the calendar data in a local SQLite database. This application was built with the latest beta version of ILog Elixir 2, and works without modification with the GA version. Check it out here. [...]

2. ILog Elixir 2 Released: Calendar Component, Heat Maps, and More… : gotoandcheck - May 7, 2009