Salesbuilder 1.5 with new AIR 1.5 Database Encryption

As you probably already know, AIR 1.5 is now available. New features include database encryption, Flash Player 10 support, and an updated version of WebKit.

I updated my Salesbuilder sample application to leverage the AIR 1.5 capabilities. Salesbuilder 1.5 leverages the new database encryption feature to allow you to secure your local database.

The first time you start Salesbuilder, the application will generate the encrypted database on your local file system. Salesbuilder implements the key generation approach described in the section Using encryption with SQL databases in the manual Developing Adobe AIR Applications. The encryption key is based on a password provided by you and a SALT generated by the system.

You can install the new version and download the source code here.

A basic script explaining how to use the application is available here.

19 Responses to Salesbuilder 1.5 with new AIR 1.5 Database Encryption

1. Rom November 18, 2008 at 12:28 pm #

Christophe!!!!!!

Really nice to hear from you again!!! It was your
    examples that convinced me that I needed to know Flex. But did not hear from you for so long that I
    thought you left Adobe!!!! That would be a big blow
    for the Flex community. I know you are very busy but
    please once a while write few lines for the devs like me who enjoy your examples and posts!!! Best regards….

2. Rick November 21, 2008 at 12:24 pm #

Sources???

3. christophe November 21, 2008 at 3:35 pm #

You can install the new version and download the source code here.

4. jadd December 13, 2008 at 4:02 am #

I can’t compile the source code there is an error in line-1: “unable to load SWC libs”. Thanks.

5. jadd December 13, 2008 at 7:46 am #

Hello again,
    after a long search and try I’ve found the issue. The “libs” is treated like a file not like a folder.
    Delete the ‘libs’ file and create a ‘libs’ folder. What kind of issue is?.. I’m on Vista and Flex 3.
    Thanks.

6. jurgen December 15, 2008 at 2:13 pm #

Hi all

Concerning this great app, I tyring to figure out how to make the viewStack go to the next container when adding a new account and clicking the save button. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

7. toki February 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm #

8. araç sorgulama March 17, 2009 at 5:03 pm #

after a long search and try I’ve found the issue.

9. Mohammad Haroon May 23, 2009 at 6:10 am #

Hello Sir,

I have problem in salesbuilder, When I execute the source code nothing is happens. it shows compile process but do not show any output window.
    **I am using Flex Builder3

10. radyo dinle July 19, 2009 at 10:14 am #

Hello again,
    Thanks.

11. مسلسل بيني وبينك 3 September 5, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

12. طق شكشكه September 10, 2010 at 3:34 am #

Sources???

13. مشاهدة افلام June 29, 2011 at 7:18 am #

When I execute the source code nothing is happens. it shows compile process but do not show any output window..

14. افلام اون لاين June 29, 2011 at 7:19 am #

15. patchwork kilim March 24, 2014 at 5:08 am #

Sources???

1. businessinria blog » Blog Archive » Opiniones MAX 2008 EEUU - November 19, 2008

[...] AIR 1.5 - Para los que no han descargado aún la última versión de este potente runtime, os invito a hacerlo desde acá, ahora AIR 1.5 soporta FP10, importantes mejoras en el WebKit y la opción de encriptar bases de datos (ver el ejemplo de Coenraets). [...]

2. Salesbuilder 1.5 with new AIR 1.5 Database Encryption | Adobe AIR Tutorials - November 26, 2008

[...] Learn more and download Salesbuilder 1.5 with new AIR 1.5 Database Encryption [...]

3. Quicklook: Offline Flex Calendar Application with iLog and SQLite : Christophe Coenraets - February 5, 2009

[...] been playing with the new iLog calendar component that I plan to incorporate in the next version of Salesbuilder. In the meantime, I figured I would share this simple application that shows how to use the iLog [...]

4. Christophe Coenraets » Blog Archive » Using the SQLite Database Access API in AIR… Part 2: Using the DAO Pattern - February 15, 2009

[...] care of all the boilerplate code to set up and execute SQL statements. (See the BaseDAO class in Salesbuilder for an [...]