Presenting Flex at the Seattle Java Users Group on Tuesday (January 16th)

I will be delivering a Flex presentation called “Sexy Web Apps with Java, Mozilla Tamarin, and Flex” at the Seattle Java Users Group on Tuesday January 16th at 6:45pm.

From the SeaJUG web site:

In this session Christophe Coenraets will do live demonstrations and write code to show how easy it is to build sexy web apps with Java, Mozilla Tamarin, and Flex. The session will cover the programming model, Java Remoting, Pub/Sub messaging & JMS integration, Data Synchronization, Hibernate integration, charting, cinematic experiences, and media integration. The day following the JUG Christophe will be hosting a free 3 hour hands-on training for JUG attendees.

Looking forward to seeing you there if you are in the Seattle area.

14 Responses to Presenting Flex at the Seattle Java Users Group on Tuesday (January 16th)

1. Lance B. Young January 17, 2007 at 10:56 am #

Christophe’s talk at SeaJUG was very well received and many of us were convinced to give Flex a shot. I want to thank Christophe and Adobe for giving the presentation and for making Flex free for development to encourage more folks to give it a try. We have been looking for a solid webframework for business application development and haven’t been happy with the mainstream Java options. Hopefully Flex will prove to be a viable alternative.

2. Paulo Avelar January 17, 2007 at 12:51 pm #

Thanks for the very informative talk. It really got us excited about the technology.
    We did not have time to cover testing, so how easy is to test a Flex App?
    How do I write an acceptance test for a Flex Application? Is there an equivalent tool like Selenium for example?

3. christophe January 18, 2007 at 9:46 am #

Thanks for attending the presentation! Paulo, Flex provides automation classes and an adapter to integrate with Mercury Quick Test Pro: http://www.mercury.com/us/products/quality-center/functional-testing/quicktest-professional.
    You can read more information here: http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/201/html/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Book_Parts&file=functest_components2_128_03.html

4. Kim Dobson January 22, 2007 at 10:14 am #

I have an Urgent need for a Perm. Sr. Applications Developer/Flex Architect in the Dallas Texas area, would you happen to know of anyone with that experience that would be interested? If so please let me know.

Kim Dobson
    Placement Manager
    214-277-2097

5. Bruce Hopkins February 14, 2007 at 9:38 am #

I’m a technical architect with Gestalt, a consulting services company. We have several development teams working on Java and J2EE and I will be presenting a company wide presentation as an Introduction to Flex 2.0. I’m very comfortable making the presentation, but I would like to know if you have a set of slides that I can base my presentation from.

Bruce

6. ujfbwnwjyy June 21, 2007 at 10:29 pm #

Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! jligmmmmxern

7. Britney April 7, 2008 at 9:38 pm #

Harbor cruise

8. çet August 22, 2008 at 6:52 am #

Hello! Good Site Thanks you

9. sohbet August 22, 2008 at 6:52 am #

Hello! Good Site…

10. chat August 22, 2008 at 6:53 am #

Hello! Thanks you! Good Site!

11. yalitim September 9, 2009 at 8:48 am #

thank`s.

12. izolasyon September 9, 2009 at 8:49 am #

yalıtım , izolasyon , mantolama , mantolama malzemeleri vs..

1. Ryan Stewart - Rich Internet Application Mountaineer » Christophe Coenraets in Seattle - January 12, 2007

[...] I just noticed that Christophe is going to be in Seattle presenting Java, Mozilla Tamarin, and Flex at the Seattle Java User Group – SeaJUG (I love that name). Unfortunately it falls on the same night as the Seattle Flash User Group AND it’s over in Redmond which means I have to fight terrible traffic across Lake Washington if I decide to go. I’m also supposed to be getting dinner with Dan over on the east side that night so maybe I’ll try to grab dinner with Dan and see if he wants to go to the SeaJUG with me.  [...]