Flex on InfoQ

My latest post “How Flex can transform the user experience on the web” has been picked up by InfoQ, the new enterprise software development portal created by Floyd Marinescu. Floyd was the original creator of theserverside.com, and his new portal looks very promising.

22 Responses to Flex on InfoQ

1. Dreamer August 11, 2006 at 5:56 pm #

hi, coenraets:

I am a Chinese.Can I translate your post “How Flex can transform the user experience on the web” into Chinese and publish on the web? I wanna more people to know Flex. Thanks :)

2. christophe August 11, 2006 at 6:17 pm #

Yes, as long as you link to the original post.
    Christophe

3. Duncan Suttles August 13, 2006 at 8:50 am #

We are trying to develop a MMOG framework based on FDS and would very much appreciate making contact with an evangelist at Adobe who is interested in the multiplayer game and distributed simulation area. Could you please point us in the right direction?

4. karan August 17, 2006 at 6:49 am #

i am new to flex and i find your resturant tutorials cool but the only problem is that i am using flex 2 and ur tutorials is based on flex 1.5 or 1 ..just want to ask how to convert it well i have read the migration its too complicated ..could u help with flex 2 based resturant finder tutorials

5. Karan August 21, 2006 at 8:51 am #

i have question regarding the secruity. i have made an application with xml data back end.
    but when i access the applications it downloads the xml data file.

i even checked the flexstore on adobe it too downloads the catlog xml file

please adivice on how to disable xml data download on client computer

6. James August 30, 2006 at 6:22 pm #

I am a reader of your ‘embed HTML to Flex’ blog and have transformed your iFrame code to compile in Flex 2.

Yet there is a slight little problem: the webpage shows at a separate frame on the right instead of on top of the content panel.

Would you like to give me some guidance onto how to make the iframe code work in the same way as in your example?

Here is the source code modified to compile in FlexBuilder 2:

index.html: http://www.geocities.com/tklo/index.html
    IFrame.mxml: geocities.com/tklo/IFrameC.mxml.xml
    IFrameDemo: geocities.com/tklo/IFrameDemo.mxml.xml

Thanks.

James

08/30/2006.

7. Stevens September 3, 2006 at 8:13 am #

Hello Christophe,
    I am new to the Flex enviroment, but i have a good handle on the struts enviroment. Is there anyway the flex application can view any objects placed in the request/session scope by the struts action class? I finnaly got my login.mxml page to load up on my appserver and the login page is interacting with my struts action class, but it is not displaying the login input errors that are caught in the action class. I tried using to display the error messages, but it doesnt work. i am looking for any flex tags equivalent to the struts tag. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. Fernando September 4, 2006 at 7:01 am #

Hello Christophe, congratulations by the article.. I think that you are one of te most known developers here in Brasil.

I´m new in Flex, and your chart explorer helps me a lot, but i´m with a problem that is being hard to solve..

I have a ColumnChart ( type stacked ) and I would like to deal with both informations of the column, don´t you have an example about it??

Like your data drill down, but wiht a column chart satcked and the chart formed below would be corresponding by the information on the column.

Sorry weak english

hugs.

9. okjgf January 23, 2007 at 12:29 am #

fgdfgdsfgdf

10. Rahul November 1, 2007 at 10:12 pm #

Chris,

I went through your Struts tutorial twice. Though, I am not able to call an action from my mxml – it pops up an alert box saying something about Error #2302 and some iOError – seems like it does not find my Struts action. Can you please help provide a better explanation for integrating Struts with Flex without FDS.

11. programlar November 18, 2007 at 7:29 pm #

you should enable “view source” code on example projects

12. Webmaster May 14, 2008 at 11:53 am #

So, You work on Adobe?

13. Ponic June 14, 2008 at 1:13 pm #

I am looking to develop Flex dashboard and use Flex in a Portal environment.

I found this article

However still not clear about building components like

Rich Internet Application (using DataGrids, Trees, Charting
    Components, Drag and Drop behaviors,

If you any thoughts or information, kindly let me know.

Thanks and regards